YoWindow - Living Weather

Sunday 10 April 2011

A year wiser......NOT !!

So I've turned a year older......ermmmm.....yay, I guess? Maybe I should only start celebrating once my wisdom catches up with my age? heh -_-

That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my bday though. I must admit that a few days before my bday I had already resigned myself to the fact that I shouldn't expect much on my bday itself coz Mi Amor had already given me 2 awesome pre bday trips plus the fact that my bday was on a weekday and Mi Amor had to work. But at 12am on my bday, Mi Amor handed me a bday card which was from Mi Mujer ( I swear I was surprised Mujer! and btw, the card is so you...heh) and I logged into my fb account to find a really sweet and personal bday wish from Lil sis followed by many other bday wishes from friends and relatives. Funny how just a simple "Happy Birthday" wish can mean so much :D

Anyway, turns out that Mi Amor actually managed to get leave on my bday so he wanted to take me around some of the further cities in Switzerland.  Not to mention that traveling is cheaper on your bday coz you get to buy a day travel card for half the price! However, when we asked the person at the ticket counter for the bday travel card, the person at the counter was like, "It's only for those 16 and below....she's not 16" . I gotta admit I felt a bit insulted (is she saying I look old?!?) coz it felt like it was almost yesterday when I could pass as a high school student :P  After Mi Amor spoke to a senior attendant and explained that he read about the special discount on their website, then only did they remember that they offered such a discount and apologized for the inconvenience. Their reason for forgetting? Because people hardly buy the bday travel card :P. Yeah, so that makes me special, yay! heh :D

We managed to catch the 11 something train to St. Gallen (3 hours from Vevey) where we visited the Abbey of Saint Gall, listed as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site with over 1000 years of history in a single place.

Passed through some countryside on the train ride to St. Gallen

We managed to enter the Abbey Cathedral, Library and Lapidarium but unfortunately visitors are not allowed to take pictures (so I guess I'll just hafta rely on good ol' Google for the pics).  Quite a shame as the library is quite possibly one of the most amazing and beautiful library in the world with a collection of about 150,000 (books and manuscripts) but only about 30,000 of its collection can be seen as the rest are deemed too precious to be shown. About 400 of the books are more than 1,000 years old!

Overhead view of the St. Gallen Abbey
Inside the cathedral
Abbey library. Couldn't find a pic on Google that can do it justice so settled for this one.

After touring around the abbey, we stopped for some refueling before heading to the train station to visit the next city, Zurich.

Our pit stop
Just what I needed to keep me going, iced choco drink with vanilla ice-cream and a piece of dark chocolate and milk chocolate with hazelnuts.

Upon arriving in Zurich, I felt as if I had stepped into another country because everyone around me was speaking in German. When Mi Amor ordered some pretzels in French, the guy at the counter laughed (and its not because of Mi Amor's accent...haha). We took a tram ride all around Zurich city and saw the sunset from inside the tram. Then we went for dinner and I had something I have been craving for ever since I arrived here :

SUSHI!!!! Oishi!!! :D 

Had a few minutes to spare after dinner before catching the last train home to Vevey at 10pm (missing the train would mean having to catch the next one at 5am!) so we walked around the train station for a bit.



The moment we boarded the train and sat our asses down in the seat, we fell asleep ( I wouldn't be surprised if the other passengers nicknamed use The Snoring Couple  :P )  We finally arrived home around 12.30am and just as I was about to get ready for bed, TAADAA !!! Mi Amor gave me my bday pressie:

Yay! A 9" digital photo frame.....now I have a place to showcase all the pics I've taken with my Cammie :D
Perfect way to end the night.....full, tired, happy...but most importantly, in the arms of my loved one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...