YoWindow - Living Weather

Saturday 30 April 2011

Me time

Alrighty then, I guess it's back to blogging for me now that SIL and kids have flown back home to Malaysia. They left last Sunday afternoon and the kids (esp lil niece) were bawling their eyes out. What they didn't know then was that Mi Amor was actually going to be on the same flight as em' coz he had a meeting to attend in M'sia (he wanted to surprise em') and only at the airport upon checking in did he spill the surprise to em. However lil' niece didn't buy it and thought he was lying just to make her feel better. Even when they boarded the plane she still thought he was lying (coz they had to part as he had to sit in business class and they were in economy). SIL said that even on the plane she was crying so hard that all the stewardess were concerned and tried to comfort her but to no avail. Once the plane took off and after they were allowed to walk around in the plane, SIL immediately took her to business class to meet Mi Amor and then only was she happy. I hear that now that they are back in M'sia, she wants to spend every second of every minute of every hour of every day with Mi Amor (she cries everyday esp in school at the thought of Mi Amor having to fly back to Switzerland this weekend). Good luck to Mi Amor and the family coz I have no idea how they are going to handle the situation this weekend at the airport!

Anyway, for the past 2 weeks I found myself playing host and tour guide to SIL and the kids and it was freaking tiring (but fun at the same time) coz we went out EVERY day.  Living with the kids for 2 weeks I had no choice but to learn how to adapt. I had to restrain myself from picking up their toys that were strewn in the living room (since it became their playroom), I had to cook dishes that the kids would actually eat (they are very picky eaters) and I had to reluctantly throw out the unfinished food on their plate (I'm a member of the clean plate club). Also I discovered how hectic it can be to travel with kids. Visiting a place that would normally take 2 hours max, takes at least double the amount of time with kids in tow! I use to get annoyed/irritated with noisy kids in public transportation (esp if they're running about) but I found myself shushing my own niece and nephew and cringing at the level of noise that they were making in the train and bus. It didn't help that some of the things they said made me blush/cringe ("HaHa...I can see your private part!!" "Stop pointing! How would you like it if I shook your private?"). At one point I tried to trick em' by suggesting a game called the quite game whereby they had to lower their volume to an acceptable level but could say anything they wanted to and the first person to talk loudly loses....they bought it and everything was going well but half an hour into the game they quit and declared it was a boring game :P

So yupp, with SIL, the kids and Mi Amor back home in Msia, I have been enjoying a lil' 'me time' at the moment....just lazing around, watching my fav shows, going online (though Mi Amor says that what I do during my 'me time' is nothing different from what I normally do when he's here). I beg to differ Mi Amor! The added bonus of this 'me time' is that I can go to bed anytime I want (the other day I slept at 5am) and wake up as late as I want to (normally I hafta wake up early to wake Mi Amor up and help him get ready for work), I don't hafta cook (yay! no rushing to have lunch ready by 12pm), I don't hafta iron Mi Amor's work shirts, I don't hafta pick up after Mi Amor (seriously, socks and jacket strewn in the living room?!) or clean up after him (he is incapable of washing his dishes or throwing away rubbish). Best of all is I can download anything I want without being interrupted (normally I hafta stop downloading when Mi Amor wants to play the PS3).  At first SIL and Mi Amor were worried about leaving me all alone.....thinking that after 2 weeks of having company around, I might get depressed/lonely by the sudden quietness and being left by myself that they skyped me EVERYDAY (sometimes up to twice a day!) and keep asking what I'm doing and whether I'm ok....I keep trying to reassure em' that I'm fine and enjoying my 'me time'. I guess some people have difficulty believing that I can actually do NOTHING and enjoy myself....I keep saying it's an art very few can master :D

 Oh and after watching American Idol just now, I finally found my theme song!!



Ok, back to doing nothing again....I have 1 more day of freedom left to enjoy before Mi Amor comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...