YoWindow - Living Weather

Friday 29 October 2010

Rest in peace our beloved feline friends

Yesterday a friend of mine was hurting real bad, she still is today and will probably hurt for a while. You see, she lost her beloved kitty to some illness. Those of us who have had pets almost all our lives have most probably gone through her kind of loss (and unfortunately perhaps even a few times)and  know for a fact that it never gets any easier.  I cry myself to sleep like a freaking baby every time it happens and hate it when people belittle my feelings by saying, “it’s just a cat!”
I do however find some sort of solace in telling myself that cats go to Heaven as they are part of God’s creatures and also our Prophet’s favourite animal. Heaven is definitely a better place to be for those gentle souls. I also find comfort in reading beautiful poems that reaffirm my belief in this.
There’s one by John Quealy which kinda describes exactly how I feel everytime it happens:
You're filled with anger and disbelief
you ask why take your pet; she never hurt a leaf
Nothing makes sense; as you sit down and cry
but only God can really say why

Into all our lives; a little rain must fall
and we must be strong; to answer that call
It usually happens; when are guard is down
then your feelings go on; a merry-go-round

You must hold on tight now; with all your might
because it's always darkest; before the light
Stop and take a look; down deep in your heart
it's there you'll find the strength; to make a new start

Your little one is now home; in Heaven above
cradled in God's arms; covered with his love
This isn't the end; you'll see her one day
and on that special day; you'll be together to stay

 

Then there’s another one by him also that describes what my mum use to say to me. She would say that it is better that God has ended their suffering than to prolong it and I guess in a way she's right (as selfish as it is for me to want my pet to try and hang on and be around longer).

God take this pet if it be your will
she's so young and small and she's oh so ill
Don't let her suffer we ask you please
take this little soul and set our mind at ease

Guide her to Heaven where she'll be at home
where with all the other animals; she can play and roam
Playing all day up in the meadows above
cradled in Your arms covered with Your love

With no more aches and no more pains
she'll play in bright sunshine no more rain
We'll see her again we know we will
so take her God if it be your will
And I recently found this poem by Ken D. Conover which I’m sure if our pets could speak (or write), this is exactly what they would have told us:
To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.
I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.
Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Love,
Your Pets In Heaven


I will forever miss and love you my furry friends and thank you for all the joy that you've brought into my life. R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...